- Responsible for all aspects of the survey process including: technical aspects, staff management, staff scheduling, and playing a key role in identifying and closing new business.
- Requires broad based knowledge of all phases of land surveying including boundary analysis, topography, GPS, 3D laser scanning, and construction layout services.
- Coordinates multiple survey projects involving various survey tasks including estimating and proposal preparation.
- Ability to provide supervision and guidance to field crews and office staff and communicate with client representatives and internal engineering project managers.
- Ability to relate to clients and people at all levels of an organization.
- Be accessible and responsive to the needs of clients.
- Provide billing reports to management, complete invoicing and collections for projects.
- Be committed to the ongoing training and development of the MFS Survey team.
- Prepare and execute quality control reviews, safety and quality assurance procedures, and the final QC of all survey documents.
- Read, analyze, and interpret drawings and the most complex documents.
- Any other duties as assigned.
As a Survey PM, you will routinely visit project sites and you may still need to complete survey field work. In these roles, you will be expected to perform work year round, in varying weather conditions that may be wet, cold or hot. You will have to carry equipment and lift heavy objects. You may be required to work nights and weekends. MFS provides survey services in NJ, NY and PA, and you will be expected to work in all three states, and other locations as well.
- Continually required to stand, walk, and sit
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Continually required to talk or hear
- Continually utilize visual acuity to operate office and field equipment
- Frequently exposed to outside weather conditions
- Occasionally required to bend, stoop, and kneel
- Occasionally required to lift and carry items less than 25 pounds